The Joy House Admissions Process
The Joy House is not an emergency or short-term shelter facility. The admissions process typically takes two to four weeks. Application must be made by the teen's legal guardian.
- Call the Joy House office at (706) 253-7569 where you will receive a telephone interview to see if our program meets your needs and answer any questions you might have.
- Make an appointment to come to the Joy House to pick up an application. Directions to the Joy House are available on our website.
- The teen's legal guardian must submit a completed application and all requested documentation to the Intake Coordinator. Applications may be mailed, faxed or brought to the administration office. (706) 253-7570
- The application packet is reviewed by the Intake Coordinator in conjunction with counseling staff.
- If the necessary paperwork is complete and the counseling staff agrees the teen is an appropriate candidate, the parents/guardians and teen will be invited to participate in a series of interviews to determine if the placement is appropriate. If placement is not appropriate we will refer the teen to another program.
- If the teen is officially accepted, placement is scheduled at the earliest possible date based on availability of openings in the home. If there are no openings, outpatient counseling will be setup and when an opening becomes available, admission will be determined by needs and by the documented participation of the family and child in counseling.